What Ecommerce Solutions have the Best Hosting?
E-commerce hosting is a business whereby a company provides services for other companies. This ensures that they have all it takes to sell their products and services via the web. They provide templates for building an e-commerce store, tools for managing and tracking inventory, software for filling customers’ orders and customized electronic taking. It is important to look for software that has a good selection of advanced tools.
A company purchases a hosting space on its computer server on a contract with an e-commerce provider. The server may be dedicated to one client or shared with other clients. This depends on the amount of traffic in the company.
The providers assist you in setting up internet business accounts. They are established to process credit cards and discover any transactions. They manage all technical aspects which include creating and maintaining of customers commercial website. They also help you in marketing and transactions between businesses.
For smaller companies, it is more effective and cheaper. This is because they share a server with others. However, it is a bit slower and has limited resources. There are two main e-commerce solutions namely self-hosted and hosted e-commerce platforms.
Hosted e-commerce solutions
This is whereby the company will host your store. They offer you with dedicated support. It is user-friendlier. With this e-commerce software, you have to incur a monthly fee, which can sometimes be high.
Advantages of using hosted e-commerce solution
- You will not have to worry about security, technical aspects or hosting in order to run an online store.
- They enable you to mainly focus on your business since they save you the role of being your own IT manager.
- They come with pre-installed shopping cart tools that are ready or you to use.
- You will only require minimal configuration work and no integration work is needed.
- You do not require coding skills to run your site since they create simple and non-technical user interface.
- They have dedicated full-time support staffs.
- It saves on cost because you do not have to hire expensive developers.
- It is easier and faster to build a functional online e-commerce store.
- It limits you in modifying the functions provided by these e-commerce software providers.
Examples of hosted e-commerce platforms
In this platform, all the tools are integrated to your stores. With just a few clicks you can connect to your payment processor giving a room for customers to buy your products. It simplifies the online store building challenges. It is intuitive; it has awesome add-on apps and has customer login functionality and a large number of payment options. However, it is difficult to adapt for multilingual stores
It is slightly different from Shopify in that it has more tools in its basic package that enable you to build your online store. It has advanced features for large online stores, it is easier to control and customer accounts that support store credits. However, it has a limited range of free templates and does not support multilingual capabilities.
It has many available feature and helpful support. It has limitations in that it is not easy to use, less customizable and it has no app store.
Self-hosted e-commerce solutions
In this, the company provides you with software. It requires you to get your own web hosting. The software is more flexible and advanced. However, it is technically challenging. You require more time and dedication to manage your site in terms of configuration, optimization, hosting etc.
The self-hosted platform allows you to optimize your loading speed.
- It is flexible thus; you can configure it to function according to your desires.
- They have many advanced features.
- You can incur a lot of expenses where you are required to hire a developer to assist you in building the store.
- The templates are not user-friendly
- You need to be conversant with coding or else you will have to hire a coder to help you in designing you site.
Some examples of self-hosted platform
It has plenty of features though its user interface is not friendly. It is completely customizable. With this, you can use one dashboard to manage more than one online store.
- WordPress with WooCommerce
It allows you to build a free e-commerce store easily and quickly. It allows for endless capabilities and options to customize your site.
There is a rapid development of technology and e-commerce market. It is important to make the right decision of the e-commerce software that you require to run your online store. They all have various advantages and disadvantages; luckily they allow for a free trial. The process of finding the best platform might be hectic and sometimes frustrating. To get the desired results, you have to be dedicated to managing and running the e-commerce platform you install. Bad hosting will greatly affect your sales.